Volunteering at Our Lady of Grace School
OLG has a particularly active school community comprised of parents and grandparents who are to be seen filling many roles in the daily life of the school. Some of these opportunities are listed below.
- All Early Childhood classes seek parental involvement through class rosters. These rosters are usually on display near the classroom door. Simply add your name.
- Our excellent Canteen relies heavily on volunteers to support our paid Canteen Manager. Volunteers are needed each day of the week. If this interests you, either approach Pip in the canteen or see Vicki in the Office.
- The school library enjoys great support through parent who assist with book covering and shelving. The children’s Book Club is largely administered by parents. Visit the library and express your interest in becoming involved.
- Learning Assistance Program pairs children needing a boost to their self-esteem and confidence with an adult mentor. These are usually parents or grandparents of other students at the school. See Vicki or Nerida ir this interests you.
- Our Chess Club members meet at lunchtime on Tuesdays in the library. This is a growing interest at OLG and our teams do well in inter-school competitions. If you think you could support or coach children learning to play the game we would welcome your involvement.
- Our Year Four classes have responsibility for our Kitchen Gardens. A good number of adults are needed to support and guide them in the practical aspects of gardening. The Year Four teachers would love to hear from you if this interests you.
- Our Reach Out Program provides meals for families within our school community in need. Contact Vicki in the Office for details of how you could contribute.
- Our Netball and Basketball Clubs thrive on parental involvement.
- The Parents’ and Friends’ association, a vital part of school life, builds school community and raises funds for school programs. Meetings are relaxed and productive and all parents and friends are most welcome.